Digital Signature expiring soon ? Get one, before the process becomes stringent and costly!
Category : Corporate Law
Come July 1 and verification process for New Digital Signature (DSC) becomes quite stringent and time taking. Also the cost of DSC may increase due to complex process. If yours is expiring soon, get new now.
The key changes in the process have been listed below.
- Attestation procedure:
- Attestation of supporting documents by Registration Authority will not be allowed.
- The documents are to be attested only by Group A/B Gazetted Officers / Bank Manager / Post Master.
- The Attesting Officers should also specify their Name, designation, office address and contact number.
- The signature of applicant has to be inBlue-ink
- The list of Gazetted Officers are also listed in CCA Guidelines.
Group ‘A’ Gazetted officers include
- All India services though posted to states
- Promotes from states to the cadre of Assistant commissioner and above
- Police officers (Circle Inspector and above)
- Additional District Civil surgeons
- Executive Engineers and above
- District Medical Officer and above
- Col and above
- Principals of Government Colleges and above
- Readers and above of Universities
- Patent Examiner etc.
Group ‘B’ Gazetted officers include
- Section Officer
- BDO(Block Development Officer)
- Junior Doctors in Government Hospitals
- Assistant Executive Engineer
- Lectures in Government colleges
- Headmaster of Government high schools
- 2nd Lieutenant to Major
- Mobile Verification for all Classes of Certificate
- Before Approval of DSC,Certifying Agency will make a telephonic verification, through the mobile number provided in application.
- The mobile number should also be unique in each application, as is currently in the case of email ID.
- Video Recording for Class 3
- In place of physical verification, now Certifying Authority (CA) / Registration Authority (RA) will make a video recording of the applicant for a specified time duration.
- Before providing final Approval, Certifying Agency will verify the applicant through a video recording.
- Applicant will have to answer a specific set of questions to establish his identity.
- This recording will happen directly in CA System, in a tamper proof way. That means, if RA is recording the video, the recording has to be made in CA provided software / portal, and will be directly recorded to CA System.
- Old videos or the videos sent over email or downloaded from web, etc will not be allowed.
- Organization application
- New set of documents prescribed for Organization verification.
Multiple documents are required, including Incorporation Certificate, AOA (2 pages), MOA (2 pages), Bank Statement, Audit Report of last year along with annual return, Board resolution for Authorized Signatory. Similar set of documents are also listed for Partnership Firms and Proprietorship entities.
- Authorization letter should be signed in Blue Ink Only.
- Application form
- The forms shall undergo changes as may be required for new verification guidelines.
- Old forms shall not be accepted thereafter. The application form will be signed in Blue-ink only.
- Aadhaar based eKYC: (HASSEL FREE!)
- New provision of Aadhaar based eKYC has been introduced.
In this case, there is NO need for mobile / video verification.
A Biometric device will be needed to perform a transaction via this mode.
- More details on the modus operandi and process related to this mode will be intimated as and when formulated.
- Foreign Nationals
- New procedures have been notified as per Guidelines.
- Please note that in view of the new verification guidelines, there will be many procedural changes which may result in 5 to 7 days for issuance of a DSC until the new process stabilizes.
Drop your questions and comments below. We will get back to you as soon as we can.